... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Monday, February 7, 2011

New discoveries

I made an exciting discovery today when I got home from work. I don't recall hearing them before, but while I was taking the trash out earlier, I heard church bells! Maybe that's the first time I've been outside right on the hour.

I also came to the disappointing realization that I'll never get rid of these:
... The endless, annoying supply of advertisements and coupons that come in the mail every other day. Occasionally I like to see what's on sale, so that's OK, but we rarely eat out, so all of those coupons go straight to the trash. I'm also sick of the credit card and cell phone offers. (I would have a picture of that, too, but I already shredded the one I got today.) No, I will not open immediately, and no, this "current resident" does not want your "free" phone. ...

So if you ever read my previous blog (the Life After Undergrad one), I wrote about being an aspiring runner. I was going to follow these podcasts called "Couch Potato to 5K" and work on my endurance, but that never happened.

Instead, I have decided to Zumba! My aunt and uncle bought me some DVDs for my birthday, and yesterday was my first time trying them out. My hip action doesn't exactly mirror the instructors', but I'll get there. I did it for about an hour and a half yesterday, and today my sore legs made me walk funny at work. That means it works! ... And that I didn't stretch enough at the end.

Check out a sample video:

No comments:

Post a Comment