... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Max and the Maxima

I think we almost got a dog today. I say "think" because I'm not sure we would have completed the transaction, but I'm fairly certain.

A couple from church has two dogs, but just had a baby and can't handle both. They were looking to give one away, a Jack Russell mix named Max. Yesterday, Pete and I found out that they still hadn't found a home for him, so we talked about it for a while and decided to look into taking him. We were supposed to go by our friends' house tonight, but I got a call after church saying one of their friends already claimed him. The friend met Max yesterday and the couple didn't think she was interested, but she called today and said she would take him. I guess it wasn't meant to be just yet. I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be and spent a portion of the afternoon seeing if there are any others in the area in need of a good home. I found a few, but I'm not sure of the details and don't know what Pete will think yet. (He's working right and hopefully he won't read this before I run that by him.) If we did get a dog, we'd like to know it's been taken care of and isn't vicious or something. I'd really like to get one from someone we know, but we'll see how it all pans out.

I'm also attaching a picture of the Maxima that Lynn and Christa (aunt and uncle) gave us. I enjoy driving it a lot, and I'm particularly fond of the sunroof. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment