... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Zoey

We got Zoey on Sept. 9 after looking at several adoptable dogs online. No dog will replace Coal, and I felt kind of guilty even thinking about another dog, but we wanted to give another pet a good home. We got Zoey from a shelter in Lincolnton. She seems to be a fast learner and pretty smart. She started closing her eyes when I put my hand up to wop her on the nose for doing something bad. She stays out of the trash (unlike Coal) but likes shoes and feet and pulled my underwear out of the laundry basket yesterday. We have to work on her jumping and she's learning to go down stairs the proper way instead of jumping from the top and landing front paws out. She doesn't whimper nearly as much as when we first got her and put her in a crate when we went to bed. I'm not sure I would say she's totally housetrained, but she's definitely getting there. It does drive me crazy that she won't walk in a straight line when she's on a leash. She goes in zigzags like a drunk driver. She's not afraid of the neighbor dogs, either, but doesn't bark at them. Actually, I don't think I've heard her bark yet. I tell her "no" a lot, but I love her to pieces. ... She does look a little like Coal.

No comments:

Post a Comment