... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here comes Santa Claus

Pete and I leave for MN next Thursday. I can't believe Christmas is that close. It seems like just yesterday that I complained about it being 90 degrees by 10 a.m. Now I'm sad that most of our trees are bare.

It will be weird to spend Christmas away from home. Last Thanksgiving was my first time not at home, and before that, my first Easter and birthday away. But the plan is to switch families each year, and I'm really looking forward to a white Christmas. Snow cream, anyone? I don't think they do that in the North.

I also realized how many more Christmas cards two families and a Bible study group require. To date, we have mailed 51 cards and I'm sure there will be some stragglers. I also decided to mail cards to a few of my interviewees -- the ones whose stories really inspire me and make me look forward to my job. ...

Thanks to Mom and Michael's, I did a little decorating and decided that I'm wearing gloves next time I hang garland. It's a pain in the butt, and Scotch tape fails at keeping it on the mantle. I was trying to avoid holes in the mantle, but Pete finally put them in anyway so the garland can hang with wire.


You'll also notice some random pictures of a Hershey's cocoa can. I brought it from Hilda's when I moved, thinking, "Well, I can't find an expiration date, but it's cocoa, so it should be fine." A few weeks ago, I was looking at the back where you can order a recipe book. The offer expired in 1989. ... I can't believe I used it in my chili.

Pete and I were going to keep it as a conversational piece, but I threw it away a couple of weeks later when I cleaned house. ...

Oh, and here's a video of an annoying woodpecker outside the bedroom window. Last week, it ran into the window every five seconds a full half hour before my alarm went off. Then it decided to shuffle back and forth, which obviously had to be recorded. I say it looks like M.C. Hammer.


After watching the video, my friend and former co-worker, Jim, commented on Facebook, "Can't peck this."

No comments:

Post a Comment