... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mini adventure

Today after church, I told Pete that I needed to be out of the house for a while. The majority of my day at work is spent inside, so I need out on the weekends or I'll go crazy.

I suggested going to Landsford Canal State Park in South Carolina, about an hour away, and tired but supportive Pete agreed. I had never been before, but I was sure it would be fun.

Mental picture: A cool breeze blows our hair as we peacefully recline on a grassy embankment overlooking a gently lapping lake or bubbling brook. We chat about life and share trail mix.

Actual picture: We get lost a couple of times before getting out of the car to a muggy 91 degrees. It's so humid that my shirt sticks to my back within 10 minutes and my hair feels like a 15-pound mat on my head. We walk through a few spider webs as I tell Pete this isn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be, reach a "scenic overlook" 3/4 of a mile in where the flowers aren't in bloom, snap a couple of pictures and quickly walk back to the car because I'm a pansy and tired of sweating and shooing away small insects. It starts to rain, and the white chocolate chips in my trail mix melt in the trunk.
"Thanks for getting us out of the house today," Pete tells me on the way home. I give him a look, sigh and tell him he's awesome for coming along. I guess it wouldn't be much of an adventure if everything went as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment