... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vicious bunnies, Minnesota and Tennessee

So we found the culprit of my dying bamboo -- the bamboo I've had for about 6 years and just now decided to shrivel away. I tried to get a picture of him/her/it actually nibbling on it outside, but he/she/it ran away when I approached the bedroom window with my camera. Pete says there's still hope for the plant, but I have my doubts.
To go back in time a bit, I never wrote about the fabulous trip to MN earlier this month. We went so that Pete's family and friends who couldn't make it to the wedding could still get together, celebrate, chat, eat, see pictures, meet me if they hadn't already, etc. Karen (Pete's mom) put a lot of time and thought into it and it turned out perfect.
We later took my family to the Mall of America, where Dad and Emily posed with a massive Lego Woody from Toy Story. Emily and I rode a roller coaster that looks much more tame from the ground.After that, we headed to Pete's cabin, about 4 and a half hours north, with a pit-stop at Minnehaha Falls. The cabin is always so peaceful; we ate breakfast outside, went fishing, met the neighbors who have a few horses and took a spin in Nick's Mustang convertible. We also went to Itasca State Park, but it was raining and gross so we didn't stay long.
It's funny how it gets harder for me to leave MN every time I visit. I really enjoy myself when I'm there -- granted, I'm not working or stressed -- but it almost feels like my second home.
Fast forwarding to last weekend, we went to TN for Erin's wedding. Mom and Erin's mom have been friends since high school (or maybe middle), so Erin and I used to play together. It's really weird having my friends get married off, even though I'm in the same boat now. Next chapter, here we come! Oh, and it's really weird to see Seth and Austin with girlfriends now, although they giggle together more than the girls do.
We later went to Bays Mountain to walk around the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment