... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

And then there were three

Meet Coal, the newest member of our happy family. We got her Wednesday from Ester's sister and absolutely adore her. She likes Kleenex, my left flip flop and playing fetch (big sticks only). She's housebroken and rarely barks. She sat completely still for her first bath and killed an icky bug for me. I rearranged furniture in our room to make space for her pen and added an air freshener so the house doesn't smell like dog. Puppy bliss. :)
Since I haven't written in a long time, here's what's going on:

* Pete accomplished a huge task today by renting a splitter to split the wood in our backyard. Here's the old way:
* I had a big day as the hostess of a double baby shower. It was part finger foods/gifts and part spa party.
* I have also developed an appreciation for day lilies, which, like my beloved daffodils, grow without me doing anything.
* Last night, Pete, Sara, Sarah, Derek (Sarah's boyfriend) and I went to a concert at the Double Door Inn in Charlotte to see our friends play. I went to high school with the bass and guitar players, Mike and Joey Pepe. Their band is called Side By Side. We also met another guy we went to high school with. We played pool (well, Sarah and I watched), then went to Brixx Pizza.

Here's a video of Side By Side. They were chosen by Billboard as one of the top bands in the Southeast! (You can skip about halfway and see the second song.)


* Amanda invited me to a Keith Urban concert last week, so I visited her in Columbia for a day. I'm not usually into country, but it was a great concert. At one point, he was about 7 or so aisles away from us, singing Amanda's favorite song.
* The posse also got together last month for the inaugural girls' weekend. We watched movies, went to Taste of Charlotte, had lunch at Pike's, took the light rail downtown and visited Discovery Place.
* Pete and I went to my cousin's wedding in early June. She wore pink Converse shoes under her dress.
* On May 21, Seth graduated. Yes, the little brother who once poured my body glitter down the sink and dumped my nail polish into the bathtub is a high school graduate. So proud. ;) He moved to Nashville a couple of weeks ago. He will attend the Nashville Auto Diesel College this fall while working at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment