... a future oldywed with no regrets

When the Lord joins man and woman, the two as one shall be, yet in the home they share with Him – in faith, the two are three. He multiplies their blessings, their sadness He divides, and for their different dreams and needs, He equally provides. He adds to their fulfillment and takes away their care, and one in Him, their total life abounds with love to spare.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Victory! ... And daffodils

Pete and I each had a victory this week. His was installing a fan in his office. (This is a crappy picture, but I do what I can. It looks better in person.)
The box said it would take 5 minutes, but in Pete's words, "That's a lie." He did all the work while I complained about holding my arms straight up for more than a minute at a time. Hey, the motor is heavy, OK? I need to start using my hand weights in Zumba.

My victory was winning a dollar from Pete. Here's what I posted on Facebook on Friday:

"Due to an ongoing spousal tif, Pete and I are soliciting feedback about a couple of canvasses hanging in his office. He says they don't match because the borders and browns and blues aren't the same. I say they do because they are similar -- they have the same kind of pattern and general colors. Pete also acknowledges that one has a glossy finish and the other has a matte finish. I say you can't tell. Opinions, please!"

Here are the canvasses up for debate.
And so my dear friends went on to comment:
    • Stephanie Washco Randall The one on the left takes away from the one on the right and the one on the right takes away from the one on the left...
      Friday at 10:05pm ·
    • Elizabeth O'Donovan Nope, they absolutely complement each other.
      Friday at 10:37pm ·
    • Stephanie Washco Randall After glass of merlot..they totally look amazing and complement one another..What was I thinking before...?
      Friday at 11:10pm ·
    • Alan Jenkins Three lines of dialogue from 'O Brother Where Art Thou' come to mind.
      Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.
      Everett: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.
      Delmar: Okay... I'm with you fellas.
      Friday at 11:11pm ·
    • Stephanie Washco Randall I shall be Delmar!
      Friday at 11:20pm ·
    • Julie Olson I think they do compliment each other. The motifs are very similar and follow the same pattern. They look like they come from the same collection. Even though I'm not an expert, I am majoring in art history. I'm on your side.
      Yesterday at 1:09am ·
    • Erica Kirchner-Bell Hasn't Pete learned it whatever the wife says??? LOL LOL
      Yesterday at 7:31am ·
    • Kenn Ray Bowers The differences in the two are what make them a better pair. Pete shouldn't want 2 that are exactly alike. Art should inspire thinking and in that sense, these two pieces are successful!
      Yesterday at 10:22am ·
    • Jessica Larson
      They definitely complement each other even if they're not exactly alike but you can tell by the black scroll and the style of the paintings that they can go together...you don't always have to be matchy-matchy for it to go together.

      This is why you will always do the decorating at home! Sorry, Pete. :)
      Yesterday at 10:33am ·
    • Amanda Everhart I like the way you have them positioned. They both incorporate elements of each other so it's legit. Basically I hate art and I think it's Ok so that should say something.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Tiffany Jothen Victory! It looks like Pete owes me a dollar. :)
      4 hours ago ·
    • Amanda Everhart Yeah... I think he owes me one too:-) Sorry Pete. Next time I'll side with you just to even it out.
      4 hours ago ·

Pete gave me a dollar earlier, but noted that almost everyone who commented was a female. I told him that's because males are too scared to comment.

P.S. We also have daffodils now! I decided they are one of my favorite flowers. I did absolutely nothing and they grew all on their own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment